Thursday, October 22, 2009

ZoomSafer-App to stop Texting And Driving

Don't Text And Drive
clipped from wbztv.com
For some, looking down at their phone was the last thing they did. The federal government says last year, 6,000 people were killed and 500,000 were injured using their phones.
"A little bit over a year ago, I was heading into work and got a text. I looked down, then up and hit a 9-year-old boy on his bike."
The boy lived, but for Matt Howard, it changed everything. "I thought to myself there has to be a better way for me to make decisions while I was driving.

So the software entrepreneur came up with "ZoomSafer."
The program is free and works on smart phones that have GPS.
Here's how it works: When your phone is traveling 10 mph, the keyboard shuts down so you can't text
If someone were to send you an e-mail or test, the service will send a reply on your behalf letting the person know that you are driving and focused on the road and you'll get back to them when you get to your destination safely
Sen. Mark Montigny has tried making texting behind the wheel illegal. Fellow lawmakers have resist
 blog it

No comments: